William Joseph Woodall IV
I am a roboticist with a Master's degree in Software Engineering.
I have a passion for Robotics, Open Source software, and Education.
To that end I work on Open Source robotics software which is used widely in the academic world.
- Auburn University
- M.S., Master of Software Engineering 
- B.S., Computer Science and Software Engineering 
- Open Source Robotics Foundation, Mountain View, CA
- Software Engineer (February 2013 - Present)
- Willow Garage, Menlo Park, CA
- Software Engineer (August 2012 - February 2013)
- Gavlab (GPS and Vehicle Dynamics Lab), Auburn University, Auburn, AL
- Graduate Research Assistant (Summer 2010 - Summer 2012)
- Autonomous Lawnmower Team, Auburn University (Summer 2009 - Summer 2012)
- Third Place in 2010; Second Place in 2011; Forth Place in 2012
- Nasa Lunar Excavator Competition Team, Auburn University (Fall 2009 - Spring 2010)
- Second Place Overall and First Place Systems Engineering Paper in 2010 Competition
For more projects see my Project page.
I have an extensive code portfolio at Github: https://github.com/wjwwood
These are the languages in which I have work a non-trivial amount (listed in order of proficiency):
I have experience with these major Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, 7, 8.1
- I administrated Windows machines across the company of ~1500 employees
- I have used Linux since starting on Gentoo in 2007, and I would consider myself an expert
- OS X
- I do all my personal and professional development on my MacBook using OS X
For development, I am grew up working in Textmate on OS X, and these days I am using Sublime Text, but I am looking forward to atom.io. So I normally work with a solid text editor and command line tools in a terminal. I use IDE's only when appropriate for the environment like for iOS or Android development.